Victim Resources and Services

Services and Resources for VRA

Victim Impact Services

Colorado statutes provide that all victims of a VRA crime are entitled to complete a victim impact statement and speak at sentencing, allowing the victim to tell the judge how he or she feels about being victimized by the defendant and how the victim would like the defendant to be sentenced.

Crime Victim Compensation Program

When someone becomes the victim of a crime there can be many challenges, some of which may be financial. The Crime Victim Compensation program (CVC) is a victim service program of the 11th Judicial District that is governed by statute (C.R.S. 24-4.1-101). The CVC program can provide financial assistance for certain crimes and specified services. Not all crime victims or crime-related losses are eligible for reimbursement or payment.

Crime Victim Compensation differs from restitution in that victim compensation is paid from criminal justice collected funds and restitution is paid by the defendant. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a violent crime, we may be able to help.

Victim Notification

Vine (Victim Information and Notification Everyday) is an important program for which victims can register to have 24-hour access to the most current information regarding the custody status of a defendant. This only applies to notifications regarding county inmates (this site will not have DOC inmate information). To register, call 888-263-8463 or go online to and follow the prompts.

VALE Board

The District Attorney’s Office administers this five-member citizen board, funded by the fines assessed to convicted defendants. The Victim/Witness Assistance and Law Enforcement Board (VALE) hears applications from agencies and organizations that provide direct services to crime victims. The board then awards contracts to the service providers based on community needs.

                Local Contact – Barb Topliss


Additional Links for Help

Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault

Colorado Crisis Services

Colorado Coalition Against Domestice Violence

Child Advocacy Center-Canon City

Solvista Health

Do you have a question for the DA's office?

Send us a message online so we can help!